Requirements and Applying Procedures for Freshman Students
At the undergraduate level, Claflin University ensures that students receive outstanding opportunities for learning on an historic campus and in a friendly, supportive community you will be proud to call home now and throughout your life. Your education will include the use of state-of-art information technology. We offer research in areas of the most recent scientific developments. Your educational experience will also include enhanced skills in communication and critical thinking. Claflin’s goal is to prepare you for leadership and service in a global and multicultural society.
How to Apply:
- Complete and submit the undergraduate application for admission. The application can be completed and submitted online. The same application can be printed and submitted by mail. You can also obtain the application from your high school guidance counselor’s office or by contacting or visiting the Claflin University Office of Admissions, which will assist you in your application process. Use any one of the following methods:
Undergraduate paper application
(click here to download the PDF copy of the application)
(Click here and follow the instructions. Your application will be submitted to us electronically)
- Submit your $25.00 (nonrefundable) Application Fee
If you take advantage of our user friendly online application, you will also need to submit separately, via by mail, a $25.00 non-refundable application fee enclosing either a money order or cashier’s check payable to Claflin University.
- Official High School Transcript or GED (General Education Development) Score Report
The Office of Admissions needs a copy of your high school transcript to assist in the decision making process. Students who have achieved a high school diploma through the General Education Development (GED) test must have the GED scores sent to the Office of Admissions.
- High School Guidance Counselor Evaluation Form
The Counselor Evaluation Form is required for freshman admissions. You must complete this form and submit it to the Office of Admissions whether you apply on-line or by a traditional paper application. You must have this form completed by your Guidance Counselor.
- SAT and ACT Scores
Arrange for SAT (Your best combined Verbal and Math scores ONLY will be considered) and ACT score reports to be sent to Claflin University. SAT Code - 5109 and ACT Code – 3840
- Your application packet should be submitted via mail, fax, or e-mail to:
Office of Undergraduate Admissions
400 Magnolia Street
Orangeburg, SC 29115
Phone: 1 803 535 5382
Fax Number: (803)535-5385
Claflin University’s Office of Admissions will send you a written notification of your admission status after reviewing your completed file. If your application for admission is granted, we will send you:
- Instructions for accepted students
- Confirmation of acceptance form
- Tuition, fees, room and boarding cost
- Student housing application
- Financial Aid application and information
- Report of Medical History form
Claflin University Freshman College will send you information on Orientation and Early Registration dates.