What to do when...The monitor won’t come on
Check the following:
Although these solutions may seem like common knowledge, people do make mistakes and overlook things. It’s worth a try!
- Make sure the monitor is turned on. When the monitor is turned on it normally shows a green light or an amber colored light. If there is an amber light, the monitor may have turned off automatically. You monitor may be set to turn off after a certain amount of time. Move the mouse or press a key on the keyboard and the monitor will turn on.
- Make sure the computer is turned on. Your monitor may indeed be on, but the computer might not be on.
- Ensure that the power cable for the monitor is plugged in. Check the power cable at the back of the monitor and at the power socket to make sure they are plugged in securely.
- Your monitor may have gone into Power Save or Sleep Mode. Just press any key on the keyboard or move the mouse to wake it up.
- If all of the following are in order, you may need another monitor.