Search

Campus Buildings

Campus Buildings 

(click to view the building's image)

 

  • MAGNOLIA STREET ENTRANCE – SECURITY BOOTH
  • CAMPUS CENTER houses the counseling center, post office, student government offices, lounge, game room and snack bar. It is the campus home of non-residential students.
  • KLEIST HALL serves as the central residential tower for honors women. Rooms are in suites, and floors contain study rooms and computer labs. Kleist Hall honors the gift of Peter D. and Eleanore A. Kleist.
  • LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT CENTER houses the Center for Leadership Development and the Honors Center.
  • MINISTERS HALL (FINNEY AUDITORIUM AND LIBRARY)/TRUSTEE HALL Constructed in 1919, Ministers' Hall was used as the college dining hall until the fall of 1964. It currently serves as a performing arts building and in the future will house the library holdings of South Carolina Supreme Court Chief Justice Ernest A. Finney Jr. Trustee Hall was constructed in 1895 and is the oldest campus structure. It currently houses the School of Humanities and Social Sciences.
  • GRACE THOMAS KENNEDY BUSINESS & COMMUNICATIONS BUILDING Constructed in 1992, this building houses classrooms and offices for the School of Business, the Department of English and Foreign Languages, and the Department of Mass Communications, and includes the mass communications studio.
  • FRED P. CORSON HALL Constructed in 1964, this building houses a two-floor residence area for 62 women.
  • MARY E. DUNTON HALL Constructed in 1957, this residence hall for 116 women is named in honor of Mrs. Mary E. Dunton, wife of former Claflin President Lewis Marion Dunton.
  • JAMES AND DOROTHY Z. ELMORE CHAPEL Constructed in 2005, this $3-million building replaced the T. Willard Lewis Chapel, which was razed in 1968.
  • CALHOUN-DOWNS-LAYMEN HALL Constructed in 1949 as a science facility, this building currently houses the University bookstore, the offices of Counseling and Placement and Cooperative Education, the Department of Art, and the Vice President for Student Development and Services.
  • BOWEN HALL Constructed in 1900, this building formerly housed the college library. It presently houses the School of Education, the Department of Teacher Education and the General Education Computer Laboratory.
  • C.L. ASBURY HALL  Constructed in 1961, this three-story structure accommodates 140 women.
  • STUDENT RESIDENTIAL CENTER Constructed in 2004, this facility consists of four state-of-the-art residence halls: North Hall, South Hall (pictured), East Hall and West Hall. The Student Residential Center accommodates 300 students. The quad apartment-style suites consist of four single-occupancy bedrooms, two full bathrooms, a common living space and a dining area. Each suite is technologically equipped with Internet, telephone and cable television connections. Also included are a series of computer study rooms for students and comfortable accommodations for residence hall managers.
  • UNIVERSITY DINING CENTER Constructed in 2004, the University Dining Center became the central connecting point of the Student Residential Center, providing the campus with a two-tiered dining hall that seats 450 students at one time.
  • H.V. MANNING LIBRARY Constructed in 1967, this building was named in honor of the sixth president of Claflin. The library maintains and circulates current holdings of approximately 140,000 books, bound periodicals, microform, audio and video recordings. The library subscribes to more than 330 periodical publications and 24 newspapers, and manages extensive multimedia resources.
  • JAMES S. THOMAS SCIENCE CENTER Constructed in 1973, this building is named in honor of Bishop J.S. Thomas. The Science Center houses classrooms and offices for the biology, chemistry, mathematics and computer science departments.
  • TINGLEY MEMORIAL HALL Constructed in 1908, this building was erected by Mr. Samuel Herbert Tingley in memory of his beloved wife, Mrs. Adella Malvina Tingley. This building is listed in the National Register of Historic Places.
  • ARTHUR ROSE MUSEUM (LEE LIBRARY) Constructed in 1898, this building is one of the oldest remaining structures on the campus. It has served as a college library and is currently the site of the Arthur Rose Museum.
  • W.V. MIDDLETON FINE ARTS CENTER Constructed in 1968, this building contains an auditorium with a seating capacity of more than 750, classrooms, seminar rooms, dressing and practice rooms, and several well-equipped offices.
  • UNIVERSITY MUSIC CENTER Constructed in 2004, the building houses Claflin's nationally accredited music program.
  • HIGH-RISE RESIDENCE HALL Constructed in 1970, this residence hall for 216 men rises six floors and contains modern living facilities.
  • DUNWALTON – PRESIDENT’S RESIDENCE Constructed in 1971, this building is named in honor of the late Dr. Lewis M. Dunton. This building was retained for the residence of the president.
  • MILLWOOD COMPLEX The new Claflin University Student Health Center opened in Millwood A in fall of 2013.
  • JONAS T. KENNEDY HEALTH AND PHYSICAL EDUCATION CENTER Constructed in 1980 through the generosity of Dr. and Mrs. Jonas T. Kennedy and The United Methodist Church, this building houses the Department of Health and Physical Education. The center also contains a 2,000-seat arena.
  • BOULEVARD HOUSE # 1
  • BOULEVARD HOUSE # 2
  • TINGLY CIRCLE ENTRANCE
  • GOFF AVENUE ENTRACE
  • AUXILIARY SERVICE
  • PLANT OPERATIONS
  • VISITOR CENTER
  • GOFF AVENUE HOUSE # 1
  • GOFF AVENUE HOUSE # 2
  • MOLECULAR SCIENCE RESEARCH CENTER Constructed in 2010, this 14,000 square foot building houses state-of-the-art laboratory equipment and classrooms for the University's science programs.
  • FORENSIC LABORATORY
  • GREEN HOUSE
  • DEPARTMENT OF HISTORY & SOCIOLOGY
  • PORTABLE CLASSROOM BUILDING