Position Title: PT Recruiter and Marketing Manager/
Professional and Continuing Studies
Position Number: 50060
Division: Academic Affairs/Provost Office
Recruitment Pool: Open to General Public
Position Type: Full-time Salaried Staff
Posting Date: December 28, 2012
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Work Days: Monday – Friday
Working Hours: Schedule may vary (M-F, 25 – 30 hours per week)
DUTIES AND REPSONSIBILITIES: The PT Recruiter and Marketing Manager reports to the
Executive Director for Professional and Continuing Studies and will work with the Center’s
Staff to coordinate and implement marketing strategies, campaigns and recruitment
initiatives. The primary responsibilities will be as follows:
• Serve as lead recruiter for the various programs administered by the Center.
• Develop, design, and update marketing/recruitment publications and materials.
• Give recruitment and marketing presentations, including oral and PowerPoint during
recruitment and orientation sessions.
• Locate and serve prospective students.
• Maintain contact with prospective students.
• Locate and create recruitment opportunities throughout the state at local malls, civic
centers, hospitals, businesses, industries, local and state agencies, etc.
• Coordinate orientation and information sessions.
• Serve as new student academic advisor.
• Work closely with the Registrar in transcript evaluation.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business Administration, Human Services or equivalent field is required and Master’s degree is preferred. He/she must have a minimum of four years of full-time relevant experience in an academic setting, strong oral and written communications skills and strong public presentation skills. Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) is required. Experience with publicizing and marketing academic services; developing and implementing marketing strategies, campaigning and recruitment initiatives; ability to work in a deadline-driven environment; and ability to write and edit public relations materials, including proof reading skills and general understanding of web design and social media is preferred.
Special Note: Effective January 1, 2011, all new hires must pass a criminal background check.
Closing Date: Review of applications will begin immediately.
Application Procedure: Candidates must submit an application, unofficial transcript and three current letters of recommendation to:
Claflin University – Human Resources Office
400 Magnolia Street, Orangeburg, SC 29115
Fax # 803-535-5818 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org http://www.claflin.edu/about-claflin/human-resources/employment/staff-job-postings
Individuals with disabilities requiring accommodations in the application process should contact the Human Resources Office before the closing date. Office Number: 803-535-5635
Job Line Number: 803-535-5394 TDD Number: 1-800-735-8583 (TDD).
Equal Opportunity Employer