Instructional Technology office at Claflin University assists instructors and Claflin family in general by exploring and evaluating innovative ways to integrate technology and new pedagogies in teaching and learning to prepare students for a 21st century global workforce.
We follow several approaches in integrating technology towards that mission:
- survey and consult with instructors to discuss and plan new teaching, learning and technology projects
- foster communication and collaboration among instructors and students
- provide support to instructors who want to explore new teaching approaches or technologies
- experiment with new teaching technologies and teaching/learning approaches and evaluate their effectiveness
- offer training to instructors on different technologies
- We believe the strength of our faculty and the small student-faculty ratio drive our academic excellence where the technology support can further increase learning through better student engagement, collaboration and interaction.
- We believe assessment, evaluation and proper technology integration contribute to the improvement of teaching and learning.
- We support projects and proposals that align with Claflin’s strategic initiatives and goals or will have a sustained or broader impact on the overall Claflin community.
Our office provides frequent training to the Claflin University community. Sign up for a training session.