Dr. Benjamin B. Yumol
Dr. Yumol brings with him more than 15 years of corporate experience as a senior HR executive with food, steel, and semiconductor manufacturing conglomerates
Prior to his academic career, Dr. Yumol initially worked as a psychometrician / Recruitment Assistant, then rose to the rank of senior HRM executive with food, steel, and semiconductor manufacturing conglomerates. He specialized in Training, HR Development and Labor Relations. With over 15 years of experience in the corporate world, Dr. Yumol brings with him his knowledge in the application of various production and quality control tools such as Statistical Process Control (SPC), six sigma, and ISO 9000. As an entrepreneur, he established and incorporated, Prime Medical Health Systems, Inc, a medical and health care clinic where he served as its Vice-President for Administration for five years. He also owned and operated A & B Video Magic, a video production enterprise which provided quality video production services to the community in San Antonio, Texas, He was likewise a licensed realtor in the State of Texas under Remax North San Antonio.
Prior to joining Claflin University, Dr. Yumol served as the Director of the Adult Degree Completion Program (ADCAP), and an adjunct instructor with the University of the Incarnate Word in San Antonio. He was also worked as an Assistant Professor for Human Resource Development at Al Akhawayn University in Ifrane, Morocco. Currently, Dr. Benjamin B. Yumol is the Director of the MBA Program and an Assistant Professor with the School of Business at Claflin University.
His travels to the different parts of the world has strengthened his belief and commitment to educating and developing a diverse groups of individuals to become global visionary leaders.
- Doctor of Philosophy in Educational Human Resource Development, Texas A & M University (College Station, Texas)
- Master of Business Administration, University of the Incarnate Word, (San Antonio, Texas)
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology, University of Santo Tomas (Manila, Philippines)
- Licensed Realtor with the National Association of Realtors (NAR) and member of the San Antonio Board of Realtors (SABOR)
- Global and National Human Resource Development
- Human Resource Management
- Supply Chain and Operations management
- Organizational Behavior and Development
- Over 15 years of continuous teaching experience as member of faculty both tenure track (Assistant Professor) and adjunct, teaching Operations Management, Strategic Management, Business Statistics, Business Research and Research Methodology, Human Resource Management, Human Resource Development, Organizational Behavior and Leadership, Organizational Development, Project Management, and Marketing in both 16 weeks traditional and 8 and 5 week accelerated format.
- Over 10 years of successful administrative experience in the academe as Director of an MBA Program and a Continuing Education Program responsible for planning, organizing, directing, and controlling all academic activities with focus on recruitment and student retention, and the development and maintenance of competitive academic programs.
- Over 15 years of professional experience in Human Resources Management as a senior corporate executive with food, steel, and semiconductor manufacturing conglomerates. These positions paved the way for me to gain extensive experience in HR administration and manufacturing and as well as hands-on experience on the application of various management technologies and quality control tools such as statistical process control (SPC), ISO 9000, and six sigma.
- Develop, design, and conduct technical and supervisory training programs, implemented corporate wide to enhance efficiency and effectiveness of managerial and rank and file employees.
- Successfully negotiate collective bargaining agreements and develop pro-active labor relations programs and activities with the objective of promoting industrial peace.
- Incorporator and Administrator of a medical and health care center responsible for the development of marketing and financial plans and strategies directed towards generating revenues through efficient design, control, anddelivery of medical and health care services to industrial plants and corporate organizations.
- Owner of a video production enterprise responsible for developing, editing, and producing quality video products and video services for all occasions.
- Prepare and develop business plans and special projects for individuals and small business enterprises in the areas of business, health care, video productions, and other small business undertakings
Activities and Honors
Chair, MBA Admissions Committee
Advisor, Business Plan (OFC) Competition
Advisor, Students in Free Enterprise (SIFE)
Awardee, Excellence in Teaching (2012)
Al Akhawayn University
Member, HRD Capstone Evaluation Committee
Member, HRD Internship Evaluation Committee
Member, HRD Exit Exam Evaluation Committee
Adviser, Leaderhip Development Institute
2013 - Dealing with the Barriers to Success of Moroccan HRD Internships: A Case Study. Manuscript presented at the Educational Symposium for Research and Innovations at the George Washington University, Washington DC (February 22-23).
2012- A Humanist Approach to Understanding the Migration of Filipino Nurses to the United States Manuscript / lecture presented at the 2012 AHRD International Research Conference in Denver, Colorado (February 19 to 24).
Paprock, K., Yumol, B., Atienza, T. (2006). National Human Resource Development in Transitioning Societies – The Philippines. Advances In Developing Human Resources 8 (1), p. 46 – 61.
2015 – Promoting Eco-friendly entrepreneurship Development for women in West Bengal. A project in Sustainable Development and Community Development as part of the Obama – Singh 21st Century Knowledge Initiative(OSI). Responsible for developing the Training Program at the Individual, Group, and Organizational Level.
2010 -$ 50,000.00 from the U.S. Department of National Defense. Green Product Evaluation and Implementation Program (GPEIP). Served as Project Manager, Claflin University
2013 - Leading Effective Meetings. Lecture presented at the AUI Leadership Development Institute held at the Al Akhawayn University Campus, Ifrane, Morocco (February 2).
2012- Formation RH et Performance: Pratiques, Enjeux et Perspectives. Program Moderator at Workshop held at the Golden Tulip Hotel, Casablanca, Morocco (November 12). Sponsored by the AUI SHSS HRD Program
2012- Executive Coaching and Performance. Facilitator, HR Training and Performance Workshop, Golden Tulip Hotel, Casablanca, Morocco.
2012 – Conflict Management. Facilitator and Co-Presenter, School of Humanities and Social Sciences, Al Akhawayn University, Ifrane, Morocco, (November 19).
2012 – Workshop on National HRD and Growth: International Perspectives. Facilitator and Co-Presenter, Al-Akhawayn University, Ifrane, Morocco on (November 15).
2011 –Preparing Students for Leadership and Service in a Multi-cultural, Global, and Technological Society, A Lecture / Presentation at the School of Management Science (SMS), Vanarasi, India (March 10)
2011 –Preparing Students for Leadership and Service in a Multi-cultural, Global, and Technological Society, A Lecture / Presentation at Amity University, Delhi, India (March 21).
2009 AHRD International Research Conference in the Americas, Washington, DC. (February 18 -22, 2009) – Presenter, Panelist for National Human Resource Development Perspectives from Asia. (Innovative Session 20).
2006 - AHRD International Research Conference, Columbus, Ohio (February 23 – 26, 2006) participant