Dr. Kathryn M. Silva
Dr. Kathryn M. Silva serves as Assistant Professor of History in the Department of Humanities.
As a historian of African and African American history and US History, Dr. Silva has taught numerous courses, ranging from African American History, US Civil Rights, Colonial Africa, the Civil War and Women's History. She is an expert in areas related to race, gender, ethnicity, class, labor, and cultural studies.
- PhD, History, University of South Carolina, 2010
- MA, History, University of South Carolina, 2007
- BA, Africana Studies, History, University of Massachusetts, Boston, 2003
- African American History
- African American Women's History
- Civil Rights and African American Nationalism
- Emergence of Modern Africa
- History of Colonial Africa
- Research and Methods
Assistant Professor of African and African American History, Department of History, International Studies Program, Utica College, Utica, New York, 2014-2016
Assistant Professor of History, Department of History and Political Science, Andrews University, Berrien Springs, Michigan, 2010-2014