Dr. Victoria Boyd, PhD
As an Assistant Professor of Management, Dr. Boyd's role is to ensure that students not only learn the theories of Management, but to utilize them as well.
Dr. Boyd has a passion for teaching and a strong desire and dedicated spirit to provide students direction and support in attaining their educational goals. Her educational belief is that knowledge is a wealth that has no comparison and is something that cannot be taken away. Like wealth, it can be increased. However, there is no comparison to its worth.
Dr. Boyd has over 11 years of academia experience teaching Business Administration courses to include course development for online instruction. She is also a contributing faculty member for facilitating First Year Experience courses to include the iPad Initiative pilot course.
- Ph.D. in Organizational Management with a specialization in Management Education from Capella University
- M.A. in Human Resource Development from Webster University
- M.A. in Management from Webster University
- Masters Certification in College Teaching, Enrollment Management and Human Resources from Capella University
- B.A. in Sociology/Criminal Justice Administration
- Organizational Theory and Behavior
- Student Retention
- Social and Corporate Responsibility
Activities and Honors
- Member of Delta Mu Delta Honor Society
- Member of Southeastern Management Association
- Member of Golden Key International Honour Society (Advisor)
- Member of South Carolina Business Education
- Member of Black Doctoral Network
- 2014 First Year Experience Instructor of the Year Award
- 2015 National Society of Leadership and Success Excellence in Teaching Award
- 2016 First Year Experience Instructor of the Year Award
- 2016 Claflin University School of Business Certificate of Faculty Excellence