Students participating in Global Education Programs should follow the steps below:
*Application requirements for internships are variable. Please see the Director of Global Education for consultation. Offerings will be announced.
1. Seek guidance from faculty (academic) advisor about Global Education Programs in relation to their degree
programs and career interests/preparation.
2. Academic advisement and pre-registration are required for all students' participation in Global Education Programs.
3. Students are expected to meet with their academic advisors and select appropriate coursework for the
semester/period away as well as for the semester they expect to return to Claflin University.
Students receiving financial aid, must comply with the same financial aid procedures that they follow when studying on campus at Claflin University. Final approval by Claflin University to engage Global Education Programs is not granted without completion of the requirements of financial aid. A stamped, approved course schedule and a copy of the Financial Aid Award Letter must be attached to relevant application forms.
Students must register for the appropriate level of Study Abroad (STUD 200, 300, or 400) and acquire the signature of the Director of Global Education.
In an effort to provide a smooth transition between Claflin University and the selected institution, students are encouraged to enroll in coursework that is applicable to their program of study.
All coursework taken at the visiting institution will be added to their official academic transcript upon receipt of their official grade reports.
4. Faculty advisors will then alert the Office of Global Education of each student’s interest engaging in Global Education
5. Contact the Director of Global Education for information and to discuss opportunities.
6. Contact the Experiential Learning Coordinator with notification of intent to participate in Study Abroad/Study
7. Work with the Director of Global Education to begin application process and other requirements.
8. Complete Pre-Global Perspective Inventory (GPI) – MANDATORY
9. Attend the Student Information session for Global Education Programs.
10. Complete Global Education Programs.