The minor in leadership provides students with the background and practice to become more effective leaders.
The Leadership Minor will....
- Introduce students to leadership theory, methods and models as the underpinning to responsible leadership behavior
- Provide students the opportunity to develop their interests, knowledge and skills in leadership while completing their major requirements
- Prepare students while on campus to serve in formal and informal leadership roles while on campus
- Enhance students ability to think critically about leadership and the world around them
- Build students personal leadership development agenda for action and service
- Engage students to effectively organize and lead others
- Prepare students to serve as a responsible leaders
The purpose of the minor is to develop highly valued leadership skills such as....
- Confidence to lead change
- Ability to design and implement high value-added systems
- Dealing with ambiguity
- Knowledge of self and others
- Teamwork with diverse groups
- Communicating effectively
- Breakthrough thinking
- Ability to analytically solve unstructured real-world problems
- Understanding customer needs
- Ethical decision making
Courses in the Leadership Minor include classes such as Foundations of Leadership; Leadership and Communication; and Leadership and Service.