Mr. Habibur Rahman
Habibur Rahman's multi-cultural and deep professional experience in digital design, urban planning, interior design and architecture art in both industry and academia give Claflin’s art program a diverse technological and global edge
Mr. Rahman’s continuous effort to infuse art and technology positions the art program ready to meet the demand for twenty first century. Before coming to Claflin, Mr. Rahman taught at the International Academy of Design in Toronto, Canada and worked in the Interior Design of Sun Micro System’s office building in Silicon Valley, California.
Mr. Rahman is always in pursuit of excellence in professional development and growth. He is a lifelong believer that design and technology can improve visual art and build environment. He is a strong proponent of disseminating skill and knowledge in the community through teaching and research.
- M. Phil in Architecture and Design (Professional Degree), University of Newcastle Upon Tyne, England
- B. S. in Architecture and Design (Professional Degree), Bangladesh University of Engineering & Technology
- Drawing, watercolor and 3D sculpture
- Website design and media art promotion
- Graphic design
- 3D digital modeling, visualization and animation
- 3D printing
Mr. Rahman started his career in professional architectural services before coming to academia. His achievements include award winning building and interior designs of great acclaim in Bangladesh. He moved to the middle-east and taught in the Architecture Department of King Faisal University, Saudi Arabia. He introduced digital architecture in the college and established first computer aided design and drafting lab.
He worked in a variety of interior design projects and developed custom design furniture for a private company, Decora, Dammam, Saudi Arabia.
He moved to Canada and taught at the International Academy of Design in Toronto, Canada. He moved to Silicon Valley, California for a brief period and worked in the Interior Design of Sun Micro System’s office building.
After coming to Claflin University in 2002, he established the computer lab in the art department. After several years of effort and research, he introduced the Digital Design Major in the department and introduced several new courses.
Activities and Honors
- CAA Member (College Art Association, USA)
- PICA (Publishing Industries of Carolinas) award of excellence in Graphic Design
- Member IAB (Institute of Architects, Bangladesh)